Benefits of Local Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident, including accidents at work or a car accident, then you initially focus on your health and initial recovery from those injuries. But you should also focus on the effects that injury will have on our life, particularly the financial aspects.
In personal injury cases, it makes a lot of sense to hire a lawyer as soon as possible. There are many benefits to hiring an attorney to represent you in any aspect of your case, whether it is dealing with your insurance claim or litigating for medical malpractice in court.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Do you really need a lawyer? What benefits does hiring a personal injury attorney bring?
- It can remove the stress from every part of the process. Having someone who has extensive experience in personal injury claims means they worry about what comes next instead of you.
- The experience and knowledge of previous cases means that your lawyer knows how to deal with insurance claims. Insurance companies are notorious for making low settlement offers, something many people accept if they don’t have good legal advice.
- If you were involved in an auto accident, then your attorney can deal with any aspects of the state’s no fault law and personal injury protection insurance.
- With legal counsel, you are more likely to receive a better settlement, whether that settlement comes from an insurance company or as a result of litigation in court.
- Having an experienced attorney on your side means you can focus on making a full recovery. They can deal with nearly all the paperwork required, including submitting documents to court or to insurance companies, completing required forms, and any other aspects of the legal process.
- Hiring a lawyer who has experience working on personal injury cases can also help boost your confidence and maintain motivation. If you are doing it by yourself, the stress and frustration can often have negative effects.
- If your case is not settled with the insurance company or with other parties, you know that your attorney can check all the legal boxes when it comes time to take your case to court.
- When you have medical bills mounting up, time can be of the essence. Having a good lawyer fighting your case can mean a quicker result.
- You can also save time in other ways. With your lawyer pursuing police reports, medical records, etc., then it means you are not spending time doing those tasks.
- Your attorney will also be aware of the various timeframes that need to be involved. As well as submission of papers to the court, the main aspect regarding time is the statute of limitations. According to Michigan Law, “…the period of limitations is 3 years after the time of the death or injury for all actions to recover damages for the death of a person, or for injury to a person or property.”
- As your attorney will have extensive experience of personal injury cases, they can give you a realistic idea of what your claim might be worth. While the many personal injury claim calculators available online may give you a rough idea of what you might expect, your attorney can give a more precise estimate. This is because they will likely have seen or worked on similar cases and can work out an approximate figure based on your own circumstances.
- As we work on a contingency fee basis here at Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. you know we will work as hard as we can to win your case. After all, if you don’t get paid, neither do we.
When it comes time to choose a personal injury lawyer, it makes a lot of sense to stay local. Your priority when choosing an attorney is to find one who has experience of all sorts of personal injury claims from slip and falls to workplace accidents as well as being aware of any complications that may arise such as claims for property damage. But you also do not want to be traveling a lot of distance for any meetings with your lawyer, especially if you are still recovering from any injuries.
Recovering from an injury can often be a slow process. The last thing you want or need is to have all the worry and stress from dealing with insurance companies, police and employers. Engaging one of our experienced team at Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. means that you can concentrate on your recovery while we concentrate on your claim.
Personal injury cases are the area of law we specialize in. We have covered every type of personal injury case there is and our track record speaks for itself. We also offer a free initial appointment that lets us evaluate your case and allows you to ask any questions you might have. If you would like to book a consultation, please call us at 1-866-642-4529.
Disclaimer : The information provided is general and not for legal advice. The blogs are not intended to provide legal counsel and no attorney-client relationship is created nor intended.