Laura A. Johnson
Laura A. Johnson graduated Cum Laude from the Honor’s College at Grand Valley State University in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science in Health Science. While at GVSU, Laura took on many leadership positions and, following graduation, decided to further her education in leadership. Laura obtained a Master of Science degree, magna cum laude, in Higher Education Administration from the University of Tennessee – Knoxville in 2006.
Laura attended Wayne State University Law School and obtained her Juris Doctor degree, in 2012, receiving both the Silver Key Award for academic accomplishments as well as the Book Award in Environmental Law. While in law school, Laura was an active member of Moot Court, achieving honors as a semi-finalist at the Benjamin Cardozo Moot Court Competition in New York City.
Laura’s legal resume also includes participation in Disability Law Clinics, interning for a Circuit Court Judge, working as a research assistant for the Dean of Students, and interning with the City of Livonia law department.
Laura was sworn into the practice of law in November 2012 and has been working with Medical Malpractice cases at Cochran, Kroll & Associates since August 2012.
- Born in Holland, MI, 1983
- Grand Valley State University, Bachelors of Science in Health Science, 2004
- The University of Tennessee – Knoxville, Masters of Science in Higher Education Administration, 2006
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Michigan State Bar, 2012
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Malpractice
- Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) – Northridge Church